Engineering Team Lead
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyze feature requests for viability, completeness and risks
- Collaborate with a distributed engineering team in multiple locations
- Prioritise and manage the local engineering team's daily tasks
- Communicate the team's progress, risks and blockers to the project leadership
- Ensure the local engineering team works within the constraints of the existing game engine to meet performance, quality and maintainability benchmarks
- Pro-actively address issues blocking the team, providing them with the tools to work effectively
- Write code alongside your team members
- Drive the maintenance and documentation of relevant features and systems
- Maintain a collaborative and creative spirit in your teams
- Mentor, oversee and support the career growth and well-being of direct reports
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Good command of C++ programming, including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
- Experience in one or more video game engineering specialties ( Gameplay, Engine, UI, Rendering, Tools, Networking, etc... )
- Some experience mentoring or managing engineers
- An understanding of video game production with the ability to see the perspective of other professionals involved in production
- Autonomous, problem-solving, and open-minded attitude
- Good communication skills and ability & desire to work as a team player
- An ability to adapt to new situations and make necessary changes
- A calm demeanour when facing challenging situations (you know a solution is always at hand)
- Impeccable strategic leadership and communication skills
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Flexible work arrangements
- Choice of paid parking or public transport expenses
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly Rostered Days Off (in addition to Annual Leave)
- Paid time off to volunteer
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
We do not sponsor VISA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines