Engineering Technical Lead
For more than twenty years Criterion Games has entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for phenomenal game feel, AAA audio-visual quality, and technical innovation across many beloved franchises including Burnout, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront and Need for Speed.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the sixth year in a row, we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK.
Join our team as Engineering Technical Lead and you'll play an important part in the future of the Need for Speed franchise. Situated at our Guildford-based studio, you will report to our Core Systems Technical Director, collaborating on our technical roadmap and creating an immersive and interactive world that pushes the boundaries of a world class racing game. You will solve interesting problems at the forefront of games technology, building on strong foundations, shaping careers and unlocking the potential in everyone around you. Unleash your technical expertise, contributing to a cutting-edge game engine, exploring the latest technology and working with accomplished industry veterans to create new experiences for our players and leave your mark on Need for Speeds legacy.
- Work with the Technical Directors and the wider EA Frostbite engine team to develop our engineering roadmap
- Provide technical guidance to the engineering team, trouble shooting complex problems and advising on low-level and architectural solutions
- Mentor and develop the skills and careers of your direct reports, and the wider engineering team
- Work with engineering leads to provide a consistent approach, improving work flows and advocating for best practices
- Write, support and review technical designs to ensure we can achieve our project goals
- Identify risks and issues early and address them before they become larger problems
- Build on our technical foundations with simple, easy to debug systems that minimising bugs so we can release creative stable products to our players
- Keep up-to-date with the latest industry and Frostbite (EA's engine) advancements to push new technology and deliver new experiences
- Maintain a hands-on approach to coding; design and programme new systems, advising on integrations, automating, improving iteration times, optimising and supporting the team
- 10+ years / 4+ consoles games in a technical leadership position
- Experienced in hiring, managing and developing technical teams
- C++ game engine knowledge
- Experience working with large code bases
- Strong programming principles and practices
- Debug complex systems
- Expertise with memory, multithreading, pipelines and optimisation
#LI-Hybrid, #LI-Onsite #FlexibleWork