Environment Art Intern
Environment Art Intern
Contract: Intern (unpaid, temporary employment)
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. Our mission is to attract and grow a more diverse employee base through the cultivation of our early talent pipeline to shape EA's teams, culture and products. We create an overall enriching experience, empowering interns and graduates with the sense that "EA is where I want to be".
We are DICE, the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, best known for creating the phenomenally successful 20-years old Battlefield franchise. We strongly believe our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products, and are always looking for diverse game creators to help us build the best Battlefield experiences and make our studio the best in the industry.
DICE is a multiplayer powerhouse and will use its expertise to continue developing Battlefield's one-of-a-kind multiplayer suite, while also building a team to support our new Seattle-based studio, Ridgeline Games, who are leading the development of a single-player narrative campaign. Ripple Effect Studios is then focused on creating an entirely new Battlefield experience to complement and build upon the series' foundations.
We're looking for a motivated and enthusiastic student who want to join DICE for an 6-month internship as an Environment Artist.
As an intern, we don't expect you to be productive at once, as understanding our tools and workflows take time. Your priority should be to learn, ask questions, get to know the team and be curious. During your time with us you will be assigned a mentor and a lead to guide and assist you throughout the internship.
In an intern, we look for an ability to constructively take on feedback and display good collaborative skills. Regarding technical ability, we look for artistic qualities, a sincere interest in your craft, a broad understanding of the workflows related to your discipline, and an ability to work through blockers.
- Become a part of the Environment Art team, learn the workflows used at DICE and how to work in a production environment.
- Try out different areas within Environment Art to get a better idea of how to apply your skillset in the future.
- Ask for feedback, talk with the team, and ask questions!
- You must be associated with a university education or any other type of education that has an internship period planned into the education plan, for example, LiA.
- You must already be residing in Sweden as we are no able to provide relocation or visa assistance.
- A good foundation in 3D Art and comfortability with industry-standard software packages such as Maya, ZBrush and the Substance suite, etc.
- A good interpretation and understanding of how things work in real life.
- A sense of realism and believability in both motion and construction.
- An understanding of crafting with efficiency and the importance of being mindful of performance constraints, both with regards to in-game performance and workflows.
- An analytical and critical mindset and that you are excited by challenges and able to adapt to new technologies and tasks.
- Tried and tested collaboration and communication skills. For instance, examples of situations where you have had to actively seek out and act on feedback on your work.
Take your career to the next level - apply now!
Submit an up-to-date CV along with a cover letter (in English) which explains why you would like to complete your internship with Electronic Arts and what interests you in this specific role.