As a Level Artist, you'll create captivating 3D environments within an immersive world waiting to be explored. You will be an environment architect, a visual storyteller, and an experience maker wrapped into one.
Be it in a level, side mission, or piece of an open-world map, you’ll assemble and position key elements to deliver impactful visual moments and enhance the player experience. Every asset you’ll carefully place, from a building to a prop, will tell a story and evoke an atmosphere and a mood.
Even within a given framework, you’ll push creative boundaries – and you have the artistic ability to do it. You’ll know how to modify lighting, play around with composition, and add just the right amount of detail to develop a game space with plenty of personality.
· Collaborate with level designers and the art director to discuss and understand game intentions and vision.
· Perform artistic research (find written descriptions and visual references).
· Set up placeholders and submit modelling and texturing requests to artists.
· Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
· Integrate and build assets into the game engine to set and dress a polished scene.
· Ensure integrated work is aligned with artistic direction and makes sense gameplay wise (test and improve).
· A college diploma in 3D Modelling or equivalent
· Around 2-4 years of experience in modelling, texturing, lighting, and image processing, or other relevant experience
· Knowledge of 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max or Maya) and optimization techniques
· Understanding of art fundamentals: lighting, composition, colour theory, etc.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Curiosity, flexibility, and resourcefulness
· Creativity and a keen eye for detail