Environment Concept Artist - (Open to Remote)
Job Title:Environment Concept Artist - (Open to Remote)
Job Title: Environment Concept Artist – Temporary - Open to Remote Work
Requisition ID: TBD
Toys for Bob, a collaborative team of stellar individuals that have inspired love, joy, and laughter through epic AAA entertainment for more than 30 years, is open to remote work! Our passion for developing award-winning games with diverse genres includes the Crash Bandicoot®, Call of Duty®, Overwatch®, Spyro®, Skylanders®, and Tony Hawk® franchises. We are constantly evolving and support our growing employees to be as innovative as they can be. Toys for Bob’s experienced developers are looking for creative individuals ready to take on exciting and new projects. Join us!
Toys for Bob is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, visit us at www.toysforbob.com and @ToysForBob on Twitter.
As an Environment Concept Artist, you will report directly to our Art Director. You will work with the Art Director and Team Leads on a wide variety of projects creating everything from rough sketches to finished marketing artwork. The ideal candidate is eager to collaborate in a team environment to solve problems, tell a story, and create images that will inspire and inform the team in a photorealistic style.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Create environment concept art (thumbnails, sketches, paintings, etc.) to inspire and clearly communicate ideas and support the game narrative
- Generate rough ideation sketches into finished high-quality marketing assets
- Play the game to ensure concept designs are well-researched and relevant
- Provide screenshot paint-overs to guide the environment team
- Research subject matter relating to objectives to ensure an authentic experience
Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years of experience creating high-quality concept art for games
- Solid art foundation background in traditional art skills and can demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals in composition, perspective, proportion, scale, value, anatomy, and color theory
- Proven ability to work in a photorealistic style
- Solid understanding of realistic lighting, architectural design, and interior design
- Ability to take direction and feedback from the team as well as contribute your own ideas
- Photoshop expert
- Comfortable learning new tools
- Familiarity with the Call of Duty® franchise
- Knowledge of 3d applications like Blender, Maya, Zbrush, and Sketch-up
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.