ESG Business Analyst
Job Title:ESG Business Analyst
Department: Corporate Social Responsibility
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Having just published our third annual report, Activision Blizzard’s ESG team is doing important work for our company and industry–and we’re growing! Our ESG Business Analyst will be responsible for supporting the reporting of the Company’s ESG Program and the operations of our proactive environmental sustainability efforts. The Analyst plays a critical role by managing data collection, performing analysis, tracking progress, developing reporting, and monitoring processes to ensure the Company successfully meets its ESG objectives and goals. The position will also support efforts to decarbonize the Company’s operations.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Santa Monica, CA. However, we understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore other possible options, including remote work arrangements.”
- Support the process of developing ESG reports in partnership with a cross-functional team of stakeholders. This includes developing and supporting new and existing processes for collecting, synthesizing and summarizing content for inclusion in reports, editing, reviews, approvals, and tie-out.
- Maintain greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) inventory reporting data and conduct frequent assessments to ensure data accuracy and integrity in reporting
- Help create formal presentations on relevant ESG topics for management and other audiences
- Enable teams across the company to achieve their specific environmental sustainability commitments in areas including marketing, IT, travel, and facilities while tracking progress against this work
- Perform on-going research and analysis to keep abreast of stakeholder interests and market trends and share best practices
- Conduct benchmarking to understand peer and market leader practices to identify most impactful areas to report
- Maintain an awareness of ESG/regulatory related developments and industry trends through reading, classes, webinars and seminars
- Support creation of internal and external engagement campaigns
- Liaise with Finance department to ensure timely payment of vendor invoices
- 2-3 years of experience in an ESG-related corporate function with an emphasis on sustainability, or an advanced degree in a sustainability-related field and at least 1 year of corporate experience
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Commitment to accuracy
- Effective project management experience
- Strong and proven written communications skills (professional writing samples are required)
- Top-notch prioritization and organization abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel and Powerpoint) and Google Suite;
- A working understanding of the Greenhouse Gas Protocols, SASB, TCFD, CSRD, CDP, SBTi, as well as other relevant social reporting standards/frameworks
- Familiarity with Workiva
Required Application Materials
Activision Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 - $55.14 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.