Esports Production Manager II (Studio Operations)
The Esports team is focused on delivering amazing fan experiences through our global events and regional competitions. Our professional and semi-professional competitive tiers in League of Legends, VALORANT and other Esports involve thousands of players and hundreds of organizations competing every week.
As a Production Manager at Riot, you are the lookout making sure our production teams have what they need to bring players the best esports production possible. You’ll report to the Sr. Manager Production Management, and work with our Producers, Production Managers, and Tech Team to meet all production needs, and deliver shows on time and within budget.
- Weekly studio broadcast crew booking and staff scheduling for our esports shows and events
- Manage external broadcast vendors, making sure contracts and PO’s are up to date and tracking costs
- Oversees studio operations and scheduling
- Assist with tracking and updating costs in the budget, as well as tracking corporate credit card purchases
- Create and distribute weekly schedule updates
- Manage and track assets as well as off-site storage inventory
- Intake and manage studio production requests
- Maintaining our studios and production spaces, making sure all spaces are kept in show-ready conditions
- Owning communications for Riot internal groups, making sure all parties are aware of our show needs and schedules
- Special events permitting and relationship with FSO for all productions at our studios
- At least 5 years in television production - preferably in a live environment
- Experience and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Applications, as well as the G Suite productivity apps (gmail, google sheets, google docs, etc)
- Experience managing large crews, and tracking payroll
- The ability to manage multiple departments, and maintain alignment with goals between different teams
- Adept at multi-tasking and able to prioritize, knowing when to change focus.
- Being an avid gamer and esports enthusiast is not a requirement for this role (but it helps, so mention it in your cover letter if you are!)
- Experience with Airtable, or similar project management tools
- Knowledge of Autocad, and budget management software (Moviemagic, Showbiz, etc)
- Experience working in live sports
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $89,000 USD - $125,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.