XP Gaming Inc.
Event Coordinator (Hybrid) XP Gaming Inc. – Toronto, ON
Dec 21, 2022
46,000 - 55,000
XP Gaming is a network-focused organization with a mission to build connections across the video game and esports industries by bringing together businesses, investors and subject matter experts to our annual summits, drive recruitment efforts through our job platform, as well as provide education initiatives for future professionals to understand their career prospects in the gaming industry. To support the continued success of our services, we are looking to expand our team by bringing on a multi-faceted Event Coordinator to provide support and team leadership in the delivery of our various initiatives.
What you will do:
- Plan and execute all events assigned to you by the Head of Events.
- Provides support to the events team on planning, executing and all other operational elements.
- Contacting and sourcing vendors
- Booking and liaising with confirmed event vendors
- Working with the internal Marketing & Communications Department to develop and deliver event collateral including signage, programs, speaking notes etc.
- Working with external vendors, exhibitors and sponsors to collect and assist with all logistical needs.
- Responsible for keeping the Head of Events up-to-date with projects, timelines and other logistics.
- Responsible for working on all projects and tasks assigned by the Head of Events.
Who you are:
- You have a track record of successfully managing events - You have a strong history of championing the execution of multiple events seamlessly and maybe even autonomously. You’re not shy to get your hands dirty because you know how to deliver a successful event regardless of what bumps get in the way. You can hold vendors accountable, and know how to influence stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met. You are meticulous in how you plan, organise, track, and monitor projects/events.
- You are a supportive team player - Success in this role means cultivating strong relationships and building trust with each team member. You understand the tasks assigned to you and always thrive to go above and beyond the expectations.
- You are able to juggle multiple priorities - As an events company we often have projects being locked in on short notice. We are looking for an individual who is organised, ready and able to juggle multiple evolving projects as they come up.
- A futuristic thinker and problem solver - Although you acknowledge that obstacles may unexpectedly pop up leading up to and during events, your strategic forward-thinking skills will come into play when anticipating and managing potential challenges before they even occur.
- You are a masterful communicator - You understand the significance of effective communication internally, externally to peers, vendors and management.
Why work with us:
At XP Gaming, we are a dynamic company building more opportunities for Canadians and we are looking forward to soon having a global impact. Just as we anticipate growing as a company, the same growth potential exists within this role - you will be empowered to voice ideas, affect an impact and drive the business forward as you work within our close-knit team.
Not only will you have access to growth opportunities within your role, but you will also have tremendous exposure to global partners and an international network including some of the biggest brands in the video game and esports space. While this role is remote, it’s expected that the incumbent will be able to work during core business hours within the Eastern Standard Time zone and be available to support on-site in person in the days leading up to and on our events which will occasionally entail evenings and weekends.
We are a respectful workplace committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in fostering an inclusive work environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: 6 months Contract / Full-time / 25 Weeks