XP Gaming Inc.
Event Sales Manager (Remote)
Dec 22, 2022
50,000 - 60,000
XP Gaming is a network-focused organisation with a mission to build connections across the video game and esports industries by bringing together businesses, investors and subject matter experts to our annual summits, drive recruitment efforts through our job platform, as well as provide education initiatives for future professionals to understand their career prospects in the gaming industry. To support the continued success of our services, we are looking to expand our team by bringing on a Event Sales Manager to provide support and team leadership in the delivery of our various initiatives.
What you will do:
- Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs
- Support events team in generating sponsorship and exhibitor sales for B2B and B2C events
- Research prospective client’s business needs and negotiate packages with them
- Stay up to date with trends in the gaming industry
- Support the creation and presentation of new ideas to add value to our products to increase sales and company revenue
Who you are:
- You have a track record of successfully selling events - You have a strong history of championing the sales efforts of events, specifically conferences and/or trade shows. You listen to your prospective client’s needs and you’re not shy to make suggestions and propose solutions to meet their needs. You are meticulous in how you plan, organise, and monitor projects/events.
- You are a supportive team player - Success in this role means cultivating strong relationships and building trust with each team member. You understand the tasks assigned to you and always thrive to go above and beyond the expectations.
- You are able to juggle multiple priorities - As an events company we often have projects being locked in on short notice. We are looking for an individual who is organised, ready and able to juggle multiple evolving sales opportunities as they come up.
- You are a masterful communicator - You understand the significance of effective communication internally, externally to peers, vendors and management.
Why work with us:
At XP Gaming, we are a dynamic company building more opportunities for Canadians and we are looking forward to soon having a global impact. Just as we anticipate growing as a company, the same growth potential exists within this role - you will be empowered to voice ideas, affect an impact and drive the business forward as you work within our close-knit team.
Not only will you have access to growth opportunities within your role, but you will also have tremendous exposure to global partners and an international network including some of the biggest brands in the video game and esports space. While this role is remote, it’s expected that the incumbent will be able to work during core business hours within the Eastern Standard Time zone and be available to support on-site in person in the days leading up to and on our events which will occasionally entail evenings and weekends.
We are a respectful workplace committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in fostering an inclusive work environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: 6 months Contract Full-time with possibility of extension