Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Job Summary: As we continue to grow, we have come to a point where we need some relationship builders who are dedicated to quality and who lead with integrity and respect to support our Executive team. We have created four new Exectuive Assistant roles which will support a pool of 3-4 executives and their respective departments by providing effective and efficient administrative support & partnership. You’ll join a team of people (aka as Trainers) who are Passionate for Pokémon and will play a key role in creating a great employee experience or #lifeatTPCI.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Non-exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Manage and organize executives’ highly complex and demanding calendars.
- Be a calendar gatekeeper and general deputy of time, fielding internal and external scheduling requests and providing recommendations that are aligned with executives’ and teams’ priorities.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and leaders cross-functionally, helping to coordinate meetings, agendas, related logistics, and changing plans.
- Be a sounding board and confidant to keep the executive well informed and help facilitate his/her decision making.
- Handle highly confidential and/or sensitive departmental matters with discretion and tact.
- Proactively develop relationships with key internal partners, building strong relationships and be seen as a general go-to person for questions related to ways of working in both remote and office settings.
- Assist executives with team recognition and engagement to help boost appreciation and team morale.
- Plan and coordinate team all-hands meetings, internal events, offsites, and all related logistical and budget requirements.
- Compile receipts to submit timely and accurate expense reports.
- Plan and coordinate travel, including air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, and itineraries.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings. Prepares agendas with clear outcomes. Records and distributes minutes or other notes when necessary. Supports the development of key presentation materials including items such as decks, handouts etc. with a dedication to quality and attention to detail as an extension of the team you support.
- Provide in-office support to executives, ranging from catering needs to AV assistance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- You have 3 plus years of executive administration work.
- You are driven to create great experiences for others and have a genuine passion for providing outstanding support.
- You practice emotional intelligence to deploy personalized support.
- You are at ease yet professional with senior leadership and executives, both internally and externally.
- You are a strategic partner in work that you do at any scale, from calendar jenga to being a sounding board for your executives.
- You are a compelling communicator (written & interpersonal), creating clarity for others by delivering the right info, at the right time, in the right way.
- You proactively predict big picture impacts of everyday decisions & think through the logistics to create efficiencies.
- You can flex at a moment’s notice, acting in ambiguity while exercising good judgment and discretion in all you do.
- You know how to prioritize and multitask against multiple projects and deadlines while having a strong attention to detail and care for the quality.
- You’re able to lift up to 50lbs when needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- A plus if you fluent in Japaness.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: 58,000.00-87,000.00$. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates’ qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: CB.ASMF.S1
Internal Job Profile: Administrative Support (S4)