Executive Producer, Mobile (New FPS)
Job Title: Executive Producer, Mobile (New FPS)
Reporting To: VP, Mobile
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the video game industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As Executive Producer, Mobile you will own the end-to-end execution, schedule and delivery of potential new AAA mobile FPS concepts and projects in the Call of Duty franchise. Developing in collaboration with multiple Activision studio locations around the world, this leader is a skilled communicator and development leader who can define and optimize the operation of complex workstreams across sites to deliver the highest quality software product. The Executive Producer, Mobile keeps production workstreams aligned by determining how and when development efforts will be executed, identifying and managing risks and dependencies and driving successful resolution to complex production challenges.
Priorities can often change in an exciting and fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Lead a multi-functional, distributed development organization to deliver a deep, high-quality, mobile game, on -time, and on -budget while exceeding player expectation
- Own the project’s schedule, development budget, production pathways, and overall execution plan for the full lifecycle from concept development thru production and post-launch live service operations
- Define and operationalize clear development milestones, set smart goals for the team and hold employees accountable for deliverables; continually recognize and reward employees for strong performance
- Provide alignment and executional direction to development teams in order to deliver on company goals and objectives
- Build, foster, and grow partnerships across leaders within the organization to aid team in delivery of successful products and their services.
- Prepare status update materials and communicate clear state of development, progress, challenges and next steps to the team and to executive stakeholders through the greenlight review process and other internal checkpoints.
- Collaborate with executive stakeholders maintain the project P&L, looking to optimize costs and efficiencies throughout development and providing analysis and reporting to senior leadership
- Maintain or surpass operational KPI targets such as development velocity, resource ramps, bug burndowns, contracted services, overall costs and contribution margin and establish and sustain reporting systems needed to track and communicate these KPIs
- Work with Executive staff on supporting a strategic vision to grow the franchise(s) long term. and partner with business and publishing leaders to align and track long-term plans for the product
- Manage, coach, mentor and develop production staff to ensure growth, expand the talent base and build a succession bench
- Exemplify leadership and behaviors to build an inclusive and diverse culture that provides continuous feedback, support and empowerment.
- Think Player-first; play the game and understand the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities with the player experience.
- Study everything in the space (games, business models, mechanics, technology) to maintain current market context and discuss with peers, partners, team members, and leadership.
We are looking for a battle-tested leader with the following skills:
- A Leader of People. You will be the head of a skilled production team; be prepared to lead by example, mentor and develop future leaders.
- Expert-level capability in project scheduling, staffing, budget and resource management, including risk management and mitigation planning with emphasis on on-time, high-quality delivery
- The ability to identify risks early and often and suggest mitigation strategies that are thought through and take into account multiple paths to a solution.
- You are passionate about making video games.
- High business/financial acumen with business owner/operator mindset
- Experience effectively collaborating with internal teams and development studios within the video game industry. You will only be as successful as your relationship with the development teams allows you.
- Skilled communicator and negotiator, able to manage tradeoff discussions with technical and creative leaders to achieve the best business outcome and convey execution plans to production team, developers and other stakeholders
- 10+ years of experience in the gaming industry with experience building Mobile games
- 4+ years of experience at Senior Producer level or above.
- Proven AAA Shooter and mobile game development leadership experience for successful titles is preferred
- Expertise building games using a distributed development framework
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher education degree preferred
- Direct people management experience leading large game development teams
- Experience in game product development, across all major disciplines, including technology, design, art, UI and QA through all phases of development from concept to production, launch and live game support
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.