Experienced/Senior Environment Artist
Experienced / Senior Environment Artist
SEGA HARDlight is looking for an Experienced / Senior Environment artist to join us on a new, exciting and ambitious narrative driven platform game.
This role is to focus on environment art though there are opportunities to contribute to or learn additional areas of game art whether it be character art, particles, concepts, animations, rendering etc... As a result, we have a studio environment where you’ll be able to contribute to many parts of our games.
You will understand the limitations of a mobile game but not be held back by them and push the quality towards console levels. Being part of SEGA, you enjoy and have experience in creating stylised art and exciting colourful worlds.
Whatever you are working on, you will have ownership of your work. You are proactive and take responsibility for creating art from initial model to setting up and testing in game and collaborating when needed.
We are able to sponsor visa’s and help with relocation for international applicants.
- Responsible for creating the assets, models, set pieces and textures to construct full environments in Unity to a high quality
- Work closely with the designers to white box and iterate environments that aid gameplay
- Help design and iterate the game visuals using methods such as mockups, prototypes, concepts or mood boards
- Test your levels on device and make optimisations to improve performance
- Work with the art lead and producers to help with planning work and deliverables
- Help mentor junior artists
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience as an artist on at least 1 shipped title as a 3d/environment artist
- Good knowledge of Substance Painter and/or Designer to create PBR textures and materials
- While Substance is useful for creating textures, we appreciate artists comfortable in creating hand painted textures outside of the Substance suite
- Experience of low-poly 3D modelling and efficient texturing
- Familiarity with setting up assets and building environments in Unity or a similar game engine
- A Pro-active & collaborative work attitude
- Enjoy the feedback process as the best way to create fantastic visuals.
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is REQUIRED
- Experience of lighting environments, creating particles, materials and prefabs in Unity/Unreal
- Experience of creating stylised textures in Photoshop or Substance
- Knowledge of Z-Brush or other sculpting software
Why work at HARDlight?
- We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in various social groups and enjoy free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and more.
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing.
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office.
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
This is a hybrid role where the team works 3 days in the office (Tues, Wed, Thurs) and 2 from home (Mon, Fri).