Expert AI Engineer - Raven Software
Job Title:Expert AI Engineer - Raven Software
As a Expert AI Engineer you will optimizing, enhancing, and developing AI systems on top of the foundation of Call of Duty’s AAA technology. This is a great opportunity to be part of a passionate team that defines and shapes the technology which will push our upcoming Call of Duty titles further in the domain of AI. You will be working with our design team in developing and honing the cutting-edge AI experience for our players. You will need to be proficient in writing efficient and clean C/C++ code. Qualified candidates will need to have a background of AI technologies.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Design, modify, optimize, and debug AI systems
- Research and document ways of improving our AI systems and tools
- Deploy, evaluate performance, and test software on all supported platforms
- Communicate features and development with engineering, design, and animation teams and participate in the performance and code review process
- Contribute to the design and roadmap of industry-leading AAA engine technology and collaborate, co-development with other engineering, design, and animation teams
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
- Experience developing and optimizing AI systems
- Effective 3D math and algebra skills and strong programming skills in C/C++
- Background with multi-threaded systems
- Debugging skills, including ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- Shipped at least one game title
- 5+ years of experience working in the game industry or related field
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, readable, and reliable code
- Understanding of animation technology, including state machines, playback, and blending
- Experience with pathfinding technologies, including navigation meshes
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
About Raven Software
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games, and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.