Expert Hard Surface/Weapons Artist
Job Title:Expert Hard Surface/Weapons Artist
Reporting To: Lead Asset Artist
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
RAVEN SOFTWARE, thriving after 30 years and a major contributor to the Call of Duty® franchise, is seeking an EXPERT WEAPONS ARTIST to drive weapon content on Warzone.
As our Warzone Expert Weapons Artist, you are a key driver in cross-studio collaboration efforts, working closely with partner studios and external developers to create riveting and authentic interactive weapons that will be enjoyed by millions of gamers across the globe. You will be a trusted gatekeeper of 3D weapon aesthetic quality, performance, efficiency, and technical guidelines that you and other artists adhere to. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated leader to help tell our story.
- Share your deep passion and knowledge of crafting 3D weapons assets and your drive to develop authentic results.
- Research subject matter relating to objectives to ensure an authentic experience.
- Be a proactive self-starter that can independently implement high-level direction.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to deliver highly detailed and compelling weapons in accordance with design guidelines, deadlines, and technical requirements.
- Work with riggers and animators to ensure asset functionality fully meets in-game expectations.
- Champion best practices and advocate towards streamlining tools and processes.
- Inspire mentor and train fellow artists as a role model of initiative, accountability, and attitude.
- Encourage artists to thrive on open and welcome constructive criticism.
- Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- 2+ total years working as a Senior, Lead, or Expert hard surface/weapons 3D artist.
- Inspiring portfolio demonstrating a focus and commitment to excellent 3D hard surface and/or weapon, vehicle models and process.
- Highly skilled in all areas of 3D modeling principles and techniques.
- Experience with High poly to Low poly modeling texture baking workflows.
- High proficiency with Maya/3DS Max & Fusion 360, other experience in Blender is a plus.
- Deep understanding of Substance Painter and PBR texturing guidelines to produce cinematic quality textures.
- Ability to lead by example echoed through a professional and egoless personality.
- Proven communication and problem-solving skills.
- Eye for hard surface design and strong understanding of ergonomics
- Additional experience in traditional art
- Understanding of photogrammetry and how it pertains to model and material creation
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We each bring a unique set of experiences from dozens of cultural backgrounds. Our shared values unify our direction and decisions, helping us touch the lives of more than a billion people each day.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.