Expert Security Engineer
Job Title:Expert Security Engineer
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters, we encompass equal parts agility and creativity to improve the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at
www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB
Your Role Within Our Kingdom
The Security Assessment and Adversary Emulation team is looking for an experienced code auditor to join the team. This person will be working together with the rest of the global team, ensuring that all the software developed at Activision Blizzard is tested for vulnerabilities. You’ll be part of the team in charge of performing penetration testing, red team exercises, and finding all kinds of vulnerabilities inside the Kingdom.
Skills To Create Thrills
You have a self-starter attitude so you’re able to take direction and execute tasks on your own while working in a team. Other skills include:
- 8+ years of professional experience in information security or related fields
- Deep knowledge of source code flaws and the associated exploitable vulnerabilities across multiple major programming languages (with C/C++required) and operating systems
- Willingness to learn and work on other disciplines apart from source level security audits
- Strong knowledge broad classes of security vulnerabilities and the technical insights behind them
- Experience writing vulnerability reports for different audiences (security engineers, developers, managers,…)
- Must be willing to travel occasionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (fluent in English)
Tasty Bonus Skills
- 4+ years professional experience in source code security audits
- Experience in reverse engineering
- Experience with mobile application security audits
- Experience with dynamic or static analysis of applications
- Familiarity with one or more of the major cloud services
- Experience in planning and executing red team exercises
- Experience with devops culture and the secure development life cycle (SDLC)
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against because of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $121,500.00 - $224,880.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.