Expert Technical Artist - Infinity Ward
Job Title:Expert Technical Artist - Infinity Ward
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision Blizzard. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Come work with the team that brought you Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Warzone!
Infinity Ward is currently seeking a talented Expert Technical Artist for Modern Warfare II.
This is an opportunity to join a game development team at the top of the industry and work with the best gaming talent in the world.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Become skilled at our pipeline and aid our team in supporting our content developers and other Tech Artists in their work
- Troubleshoot issues with content developers and guide them on the best courses of action
- Take on various content tasks that require more technical skill to achieve
- Write scripts and tools in our supported applications
- Write scripts and tools to process our content and generate data on its usage
- Help support our content development tools for outsourcing partners
- Work with other developers to capture and document best practices in our pipeline for continuing education of our staff
- 5+ years game development experience
- 3+ shipped games
- Strong understanding of pipeline and runtime game systems, including lighting and shading
- Strong understanding of, and an ability to debug/advise on art production issues around performance and memory
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Scripting and/or coding experience – Python, C#, C++, or similar
- Ability to work in, and script tools in applications like Maya, 3DS Max, Blender, Substance, Photoshop, & Houdini
- Ability to work with high level constraints and design/implement new tools and shared modules
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work with and support other content developers
- Strong 3D Math skills.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.