External Development Coordinator (Characters) - Treyarch
Job Title:External Development Coordinator (Characters) - Treyarch
Treyarch is looking for an External Development Coordinator to help us develop our next AAA title. As a coordinator, you will interact directly with some of the best talent in our industry, helping to create the Characters seen by fans all over the world. This is an opportunity to learn how Characters for some of the biggest titles in games are created.
The ideal candidate should have a background in 3D modeling and texturing, preferably with some amount of Character modeling experience, with experience in both high and low polygon techniques, have a passion for creating high quality models, and is extremely organized and has strong communication skills. Experience with 2D concept is a plus as well.
What you'll do...
- You will be hands on with art assets, becoming familiar with Treyarch’s pipelines and methods for creating outstanding art, from concept to final game character
- Work directly with the department Lead and Senior Artists as well as the outsourcing manager
- Assist artists in assembling assets needed to send to outsource studios
- Maintain the latest build of the game for testing models, coordinate with Seniors and outsourcing studios for feedback
To succeed you should have…
- Detail oriented and very organized, with excellent communication skills
- Education focused on 3D art, degree in art production a big plus
- 1+ year(s) of 3D modeling experience, in the game industry a plus
- Interest and experience in Character Art a big plus
- Experience with Maya, ZBrush, and Substance Painter a plus
- Shotgun experience a plus
- A positive attitude and ability to work on a multi-discipline team
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/