Fall 2022 Post Silicon Validation Co-Op/ Intern - (178641)
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Post Silicon Validation Coop Engineer
The role is a technical, hands-on Engineering Coop assignment within the Data Center Server SOC Post-Silicon validation team. Engineering teams in this group have the responsibility for post-silicon feature enablement and validation at the SOC level up through BIOS, system firmware on AMD server products. This Coop role works within these engineering teams.
- Develop and execute feature enablement and validation test plans for SoC- and system-level SoC features across all AMD Server products
- Perform system-level debug and root cause analysis to narrow down the issues to various HW/SW blocks
- Develop post-silicon validation infrastructure (software, hardware, automation environment, and lab setup)
- Test interactions between various SoC features using validation infrastructure.
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve post-silicon validation test strategy, methodology, and process.
- Be able to work in a high demand, fast paced environment with lots of real-time problem solving and critical thinking
- Knowledge of computer hardware architecture (CPU/APU, x86, memory, bus logic)
- Understanding of modern x86 microprocessor architecture and Server platform architecture is highly desired.
- Familiarity with programming / scripting language (Python, or other scripting languages ...)
- Working knowledge of Server OSes (Linux, Windows Server)
- Must be a self-starting team player with excellent communication skills who can work with minimal guidance.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of any of the following industry standard interfaces: DDR, PCIe, CXL, SATA, USB.
- Working knowledge of lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and protocol analyzers
Requisition Number: 178641
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Student/ Intern/ Temp
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.