Fall 2022 Software Performance Engineer Co-Op/ Intern - (178221)
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
We are seeking a part-time Co Op Student focused on Infrastructure and Software Performance Engineering supporting cloud solutions and performance benchmarks for MDCs and Cloud Service Providers for our AMD EPYC technologies. The successful individual will learn performance of various software components like operating systems, containers, databases, and analytics on the AMD-powered cloud instances.
- Work within an Agile best practices and test-driven development.
- Embrace a culture of creativity, collaboration, innovation, and excellence
- Ability to implement technical concepts into actionable code.
- Ability to drive hands-on proof of concepts to collect data and facts.
- Comfortable working in the Linux environment.
- Developing APIs and improve benchmark forensic analysis.
- Class studies working with large Data Sets & Big Data.
- Have some experience with workloads performance testing on virtualized Cloud instances including Kubernetes, Docker, KVM, and VMware.
- Knowledge of cloud services and deploying/testing workloads across cloud-based IaaS or PaaS
- Critical thinking skill set.
- Attention to detail and creative problem solving.
- Familiarity in running performance tools like SPEC, TPCC etc. for optimizing running of workloads on various cloud instances and provide actionable outcomes.
- Familiarity in cloud native applications, workload optimization, automation programming models to automate running performance tests.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop performance benchmarks in python.
Minimum qualifications prefer a student pursing a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
Nice to have cloud certifications as well.
Requisition Number: 178221
Country: United States State: Massachusetts City: Boxborough
Job Function: Student/ Intern/ Temp
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.