Fall 2023 Advanced Packaging Engineering Co-Op/Intern
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives.
This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
AMD is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions. AMD designs and develops cutting-edge computer and graphics processing technology that is used throughout the world in business, enterprise, and consumer markets.
Working on our dynamic team of engineers offers a tremendous professional development opportunity to:
- Develop your technical abilities in a very specialized and rewarding field,
- Become a proactive team member that shows initiative and innovation,
- Learn to communicate effectively in professional team environment,
- Network with like-minded, experienced engineers, and
- Contribute novel and valuable ideas for the benefit of the team.
Now is the time to unleash your knowledge and show the world what you can really do! Make your education count by coming to work at AMD. As a Co-op student, you can make an immediate contribution to AMD's next generation of advanced packaging technology. We have a dynamic, high-energy work environment, filled with expert level employees and unique opportunities to develop your career. With AMD, you can get the hands-on experience that will give you a competitive edge in the workforce. Put that classroom theory into practice and get an inside look at AMD's technical teams, work style and culture. You will enjoy an enriching learning experience during your work term at AMD, with managers, supervisors and colleagues who are all enthusiastic to mentor you. You'll work side-by-side with a team contributing to AMD's success.
Advanced Packaging is responsible for ensuring AMD has the latest and greatest packaging technology available to support future product introductions. We work with our OSAT and packaging material suppliers to ensure our mutual success. Our team designs and evaluates packaging test vehicles to ready new technology for product design. Typical areas of activity are package design, thermal interface materials, new package platform development, and production support. Advanced Packaging works horizontally to support all AMD product business units.
The purpose of this position is to work with an experienced team of packaging development engineers to forward progress in bringing new packaging technology to reality by working with AMD supplier partners. Activities will include project scoping, supplier interaction, experimental data analysis, and communication through the greater AMD Packaging team.
- Assist Product Development Engineers in scoping new development projects.
- Evaluate and benchmark semiconductor packaging materials (substrates, thermal interface materials, adhesives, epoxy mold compounds, etc.)
- Work with suppliers and internal team members to analyze experimental reports, apply improvements, and communicate status.
- Interface with test, failures analysis, design, thermal, and product development engineers to further the project goals.
Desired Skills and/or Experience:
- Material Science and Engineering
- Familiarity with packaging structure (advanced packaging platforms a plus)
- Semiconductor theory
- Strong organizational, computer and communication skills
- Drive to succeed, we expect our team members to engage with a passion!
What you will learn:
You will learn to work in a fast-paced global technical team environment. You will see how the work you do can benefit the next generation of advanced Si manufacturing technology. You will become very familiar with the inner workings of AMD and its suppliers.
Requisition Number: 185011
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Student/ Intern/ Temp
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.