Associate UX Designer - FIFA
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
We ask that you are passionate about UX and evidence-based design, and motivated to bring delightful user experiences. In addition to a deep comprehension of usability and human factors, we are looking for a determined and resourceful, detail-oriented team player. You excel in a collaborative, high pressure and iterative product environment.
You will report into the Development Director for the UX team.
- Involved in the design of the overall user experience of FIFA Ultimate Team.
- Create innovative, emotive, and fun solutions to complex UX problems within strict technical limitations and tight deadlines.
- Player First - understanding of our target audience, personas and the motivations that lead to deeper consumer engagement.
- Hands-on Architect who can produce several low fidelity wirefames in a day and interactive prototypes in a couple of days.
- Conceptualize and visually communicate UX ideas to get support from partners.
- Own UX features end-to-end including: Creative/Feature Briefs, Milestone Deliverables, Change Requests, and Bug Tracking.
- Work closely with partners to evaluate and translate research findings into actionable results.
- Bachelors of Science degree in HCI or a design-related field with Human Factors,
- 2+ years professional UX experience.
- Experience designing complex user experiences across console games or variety of products and/or services with microtransactions.
- Core UX skills including human factors, psychology, UX principles, heuristics, guidelines etc.
- Takes initiative, doesn't wait to be asked and plan while avoiding analysis paralysis.
- Command knowledge of Wireframing and Prototyping tools (e.g. OmniGraffle, Axure, Balsamic, Flash, Adobe Creative Suite) and the ability to produce low and high fidelity solutions.
- A portfolio demonstrating experience successful UX leadership and high impact creative and emotional design solutions to complex problems.
- Impeccable sensitivity to user goals, wants and needs, furthermore ability to prioritize against business goals.
- Must be a deep thinker, can critically analyze UX and understands why and how it is successful.
- Experience in data synthesis and evidence-based design, has experience maximizing AEM.
Our Global Benefits package is not included for this particular role.