Finance Analyst 1
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Business Analytics, Planning & Reporting (BAPR) – Finance Analyst (Reporting)
- Perform reporting preparation, other ad-hoc reporting, task, analysis and coordination activities
- Perform detailed expenses variance analysis of actual results versus forecast, and provide recommendation for cost control
- Perform month end close, expense review and accruals/reclassification and support accounting treatment.
- Explain or provide justifications if there are any uncertainties in any area.
- Support & comply operational control process
- Support internal and external audit, SOX, regulatory, statutory and other compliance
- 3 to 4 years working experience in finance or reporting/ analytics environment
- Positive and can-do attitude, proactive, committed, willingness to learn and possess good communication & business writing skills
- Able to interact at all levels and work under tight deadline
- Must be detail oriented with good analytical skills and a good team player.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Macro, Power BI/ Power Query knowledge will be added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting / Finance or professional qualification
- Penang, Malaysia
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 164383
Country/Region/Location: Malaysia State/Province: Penang City: Penang
Job Function: Finance