Finance Manager, Cloud Infrastructure
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Finance Manager to join our growing Finance team. The Finance org at Discord is responsible for planning, forecasting and strategic analysis. Senior Product and Engineering leadership rely on the Finance org to develop actionable insights, to steer decisions on cloud infrastructure investment, and to help the business scale efficiently as Discord grows globally!
Given this team's unique position in the company, you will help establish coordination and communication between various teams such as Product Management, Infrastructure Engineering, Finance & Accounting, and outside vendors. With these teams you will drive our planning and forecasting process, ensuring that both are aligned with our longer term strategic and financial aspirations. In addition, you will gain invaluable experience that offers autonomy, deep interactions with business partners, and the opportunity to have an impact on a rapidly growing global business.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with business partners on designing and developing hosting efficiency metrics, interactive dashboards, analyses, etc. to drive key business decisions related to cloud infrastructure.
- Establish financial planning processes related to expense forecasting, spend tracking, cost ownership, and resource allocation.
- Conduct cost / benefit analyses and communicate key drivers / inputs to support business decisions
- Support vendor negotiations on large multi-year agreements for hosting
You Will Thrive In This Role If You Have
- 5+ years of related experience (e.g., FP&A, management consulting, program management); prior Cloud Infrastructure experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to drive decision making; demonstrated proficiency in communicating analysis in a clear and easily understood manner.
- Willingness to build relationships and collaborate across all levels and teams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of financial planning and accounting concepts a plus
- Proficiency in Excel & financial modeling; experience working with data sets, SQL and Looker knowledge a plus
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $167,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $133,600/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!