Financial Analyst, Accelerate Solution
Inclusion, at Unity, is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity.
In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, Unity is democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community. At Unity, you’ll make a difference.
Come join Unity and be part of the FP&A team that supports our rapidly growing organization! As a finance partner to the Create Accelerate Solutions business unit, you will have the opportunity to engage in financial planning, strategic analysis, and reporting while informing and influencing decisions that will have a real impact on the P&L. Accelerate Solutions is an innovative team building custom software for a wide range of clients. Our professional services team works across multiple platforms incorporating cutting edge technologies like XR, robotics, machine learning and IoT. We work on a diverse range of business verticals including games, automotive, retail, manufacturing and entertainment!
You will succeed in this role because you are fun, intellectually curious, and driven. Our journey is just beginning!
What you’ll be doing
- Own and run annual planning and forecasting cycles (Revenue, COGS, OPEX) to ensure investment and resource allocations are aligned with Unity’s strategic priorities as well as develop detailed financial operating models to accurately predict business performance
- Analyze variances to budget/forecast and communicate key points/takeaways to your business partner, be proactive on any unexpected variances
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis and projects to business partners for decision-making analysis
- Develop constructive and deep relationships with business partners. Be the trusted business advisor and excellent business partner for Unity leaders
- Ensure that the various reporting systems and source data are accurate and reconciled (Workday, Adaptive)
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with proven experience as a Financial Analyst, or equivalent number of years combined Accountant/Auditor and Financial Analyst
- Proficient in Excel, Google Suite (Sheets, Slides), and common data analytics tools as well as knowledge of financial systems (Adaptive; Workday Financials)
- Highly motivated and able to take ownership of analysis projects from start to finish
- Must possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to translate the results of complex analysis into a simple and meaningful explanation
You might also have
- MBA, other relevant advanced degree or CFA
- Background in professional services, gaming, internet, or high growth technology industry
Gross base salary (USD): $65,600 - $88,700*
*Note: Certain locations require a good faith disclosure of the base salary range for the role. The actual salary for the successful candidate may differ based on location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.