Firmware Design Engineer-147322
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Firmware Design Engineer
System Management Unit Datacenter (SMU DC) team.
We are a cutting-edge hardware and firmware focused team engaged on leading Data Center Graphic/Compute Processing Units and Machine Intelligence Processing Units. The team is passionate in system management, Power and Perf management Firmware design, pre-silicon emulation, design validation, issue debugging, and silicon enablement to production. Also, the team also works with the latest Machine Learning, HPC and cloud gaming applications on Power/Perf optimization to create the most compatible product in the market.
The successful candidate will lead in power and performance, security, RAS and reset management feature design and development, work as hardware and firmware IP designers and architects, developing and delivering new features, design test and enablement plans with cross functional teams and executing silicon bring-up.
The successful candidate will also prototype exciting innovative ideas and designs for next generation of computing technologies. In the ASIC life cycle, the right candidate will reach up to RTL, DV simulation, and Emulation, own and execute on-silicon feature enablement and testing, and further down support ASIC production and yield.
Qualities desired for a successful candidate include mutually supportive team working, independent, critical and deep thinking, relentless determination, leadership and managing skills, as well as execution and communicative skills.
- Develop firmware functions and features in C for embedded microcontrollers in CPU/GPU
- Develop and execute feature verification, enablement, and test plans for SOC power and performance management features
- Debug, troubleshoot system-level issues related to power and performance features
- Prototype innovative ideas and designs
- Support test automation infrastructure and develop test scripts
- Proactively drive continuous improvement in all areas of activity
- New college graduate friendly
- Prior years of working experiences in the semiconductor industry is a plus
- In-depth understanding of digital electronics and CMOS devices
- Expert in developing and debugging system hardware and software or firmware for embedded systems
- Experience with FPGA emulation for VLSI systems
- Excellent knowledge of C, C++ and a scripting language, experience with programming in assembly is an asset
- Extensive laboratory experience, including familiarity with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Good understanding of computer organization/architecture, Machine Learning, HPC
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Power, performance, or thermal management experience would be helpful
- Security/cryptography experience would be an asset
- Strong analytical skills and pronounced attention to details
- Must be a self-starter, and able to independently drive tasks to completion
- Bachelor or Master's degree in electrical/computer engineering or computer science
LOCATION and WORKING MODEL:
Hybrid model/Work form home/In office Markham, ON, Canada
Requisition Number: 147322
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.