FP&A Manager - Games
Job Title:FP&A Manager - Games
Job Title: FP&A Manager - Diablo & Overwatch
Reporting To: FP&A Director
Contract Term: Permanent
Location: King Office (London), Wardour St, Soho, UK
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
This is an exciting time to join us. Ask anyone who works at Activision Blizzard their favourite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Our office is based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shops and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations and has a well-stocked kitchen and free on-site gym.
Partner throughout the business to drive decisions that improve profit & engagement!
As part of the AB EMEA Finance and Analytics Team, you will be involved in all the aspects of the financial planning and analysis processes of the Diablo and Overwatch businesses in EMEA. The role is to monitor performance of the business but also to identify insights for the franchise teams and the leadership team to act upon.
The role seen as front-line financial partner/force of change & recommendation with stakeholders including EMEA HQ, Business Units and Commercial Finance.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties:
- Act as a business partner to the EMEA Diablo & Overwatch Franchise teams and help the team to identify, quantify and act upon commercial opportunities for the franchise.
- Provide financial context to the analytics insights that are generated by the Analytics team. Understand and use cohorting developed by the Analytics team to target the right players and drive profitability on Diablo and Overwatch in EMEA.
- Own the EMEA P&L for both the Diablo and Overwatch Franchises and monitor achievement of our Operating Income objectives. Regularly review risks and opportunities versus forecasts. Provide a weekly pacing update (a view of expected revenue for the quarter, with commentary on recent trends).
- Prepare insightful, timely and accurate analysis on all franchises that enables ongoing assessment of operating performance against agreed targets. Deliver key business insights to senior management, including in a weekly report.
- Develop understanding of all parts of the business model for Diablo and Overwatch both on Full Game and Live Ops and use this understanding to identify the right KPIs to follow to monitor performance.
- While forecasting will mainly be done by global teams in HQ, you will need to consolidate the forecasting/planning/analysis process of AOP and Forecasts as well as understand and challenge the assumptions for EMEA. Alongside your manager prepare/present the Annual Operating Plan and forecasts to leadership team and the franchise team.
- In collaboration with the franchise team, our marketing shared services and the global finance teams in Irvine, track marketing spend to ensure the Budgets are spent adequately and with the best return on investment.
- Comply with Activision Blizzard policies and procedures to guarantee the reliability of financial reporting within your areas of responsibility. Review quarter-end results and provide analysis of variances versus forecast.
- Find and execute on opportunities to reduce non-value added work, improve on existing processes/reporting and maximize the value and impact of analyses. Drive automation of reporting.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement across all activities and in all relationships with other functions.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Business Studies/Finance
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven experience in business partnering
- Highly analytical, precise, detail oriented and well organized
- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
- Team player, sociable, interacts with co-workers well
- Excellent system skills (Excel, Oracle, Essbase, Hyperion)
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, manage different tasks at the same time and set priorities appropriately
- Adherence to deadlines
- ‘Have done, can do, will do’ approach with positive attitude
- Ability to deal and liaise with colleagues at all levels within Activision Blizzard
- Self-starter with drive and enthusiasm
- Actively communicates with local management, BU leads, Global Franchise Finance and corporate
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification or criteria, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage all to apply.
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.