Front-End Developer ( Technology Group)
As a Front-End Developer, you will join TG's Content Pipeline team and work to modernize the way artists work across Ubisoft.
You’ll be responsible for building an ecosystem of products that facilitate the tasks of content creators: crafting internal tools that allow them to manipulate, track, archive, share, and reuse assets. You’ll participate in the entire development cycle, with a focus on feature analysis, design, and implementation.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with product managers and product specialists to understand and iterate on production teams' needs
- Design, implement, and improve functionality on a diverse ecosystem of web applications
- Establish and support architectural decisions and best practices with the team
- Work closely with programmers and tools support specialists to resolve bugs
- Assess UX issues to improve overall user experience
- Support an agile development and release process
- Lead presentations on new technical developments to the team
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Participate in code reviews
- Document your work
- Support inner-source initiatives
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
You’re proactive and curious, focused on solutions and opportunities to innovate. You’re capable of analysis and synthesis and have strong attention to detail. You have experience, but more importantly, a deep passion to build and create. Besides the above, we are looking for someone aligned with our studio's core values and the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years experience in software development
- In-depth knowledge of CSS3 and HTML5
- Expertise with reactive frameworks
- Experience with automated testing suites
- Experience in application debugging, profiling, and optimization
The following skills would be a bonus:
- Experience with Vue.js, Vuex, and TypeScript
- Experience with .NET and RESTful API design
- Understanding of Agile processes
About the Technology Group (TG)
At the TG, we provide tools, middleware, and services adapted to the needs of Ubisoft game production teams. Be it front-end or back-end solutions, tools, or expertise, we support our productions throughout their life cycle. Through collaboration and innovation, we contribute to boosting the efficiency of pipelines and the development of products to deliver quality games to millions of players worldwide. Exploring ideas, experimenting with new technologies, and implementing stable ones are part of our daily life.
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
What to send our way
- Your resume, highlighting your experience, skills, and anything else (examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Sheena!
- This role is based in our Winnipeg studio, with the opportunity for hybrid or full work from home within Manitoba.