Front-End Developer, Web CIX Community
Our Web CIX Community team develops our community websites that support Unity's users worldwide. As our new team member, you will build new features and integrate existing systems into our Discussions platform. You will play a key role in facilitating connections with our user community, empowering them to unleash their creativity with Unity.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing our Discussions website based on ideas from internal collaborators and external feedback.
- Joining a small, growing team, adding front-end web development skills to our pool of expertise.
- Learning on the fly; we don't expect you to be an authority on all web development but you should be keen to pick up new things.
What we’re looking for
- A front-end focus and curiosity about the back-end APIs and hosting that supports a website.
- Good fundamental coding skills that we can help you build upon.
You might also have
- Knowledge of Ruby-on-rails is very beneficial.
- Exposure to cloud-hosting technologies, particularly GCP and cloud functions.
- Experience with NextJS and Tailwind CSS.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Relocation support is not available for this position.
International relocation support is not available for this position.
Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.