At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar NYC is on the lookout for a passionate and self-reliant Front End Developer to join our Digital Marketing team. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s publishing studio in SoHo, NYC.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Digital Marketing team is responsible for the end-to-end creation of the marketing side of all our web properties. Including our main website, www.rockstargames.com, all of our individual marketing game sites e.g., www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2, as well as our customer support site, support.rockstargames.com.
- The development team is specifically responsible for the development of our websites. The most important trait we value in a web developer is your ability to adapt, to absorb new web tech and make decisions on how to code based on the balancing act of browser support, implementing new ES6 features, and polyfilling in between.
- We take initiative and work very closely with the Digital Design team, core Marketing team, and the Art team to discuss what works, what doesn’t, and how that all fits into a timeline for launch. We go back and forth with designers and our opinions change the shape of what’s possible.
- We own our own code and take pride in knowing that our final products are seen by millions of players worldwide.
- Create and deploy production-ready web code.
- Work with QA team to squash bugs.
- Collaborate with localization team to enhance language accessibility for players viewing our sites globally.
- Work with development team to come up with better ways to test and deploy.
- Work with back-end web developers, designers, creative and business team to come up with timelines, designs, project strategy and plans for code launch.
- Continually bring new ideas to the table.
- 5+ years professional experience developing single-page web applications in the front-end.
- 3+ years experience using a source control system such as git.
- 1+ year experience using the package manager npm.
- 1+ year experience using CSS preprocessors such as LESS, or Sass.
- Ability to write easily-maintainable code and explain it in detail, and explain the problem it solved.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience writing unit tests for your front-end code.
- Experience with leveraging CDNs such as Akamai to reduce server load.
- Experience with configuring Webpack to minimize server load.
- Experience with Micro Front-End Architecture.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.
The pay range for this position in New York State (inclusive of New York City) at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.