About the Organisation: -
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers
blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
We favour diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you’ve got the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.
Job Title – Full Stack Developer
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings
Full stack developer at Ubisoft creates public facing or inhouse solutions that could facilitate or extend a live game or target to improve productivity. We leverage latest technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, cloud and use best practices like CI/CD pipelines and logging stacks.
Qualities that Ubisoft seeks
· Takes initiatives, whenever there is a need for change, scope for improvement.
· Have ability to adapt and change, can learn, and adopt new technologies, programming languages, methodologies.
· Have good analytical and synthesis skills, can analyse a situation, and highlight potential risks and solutions.
· Is flexible, can work in teams as well as can contribute independently based on the need.
· Have excellent communication skills in spoken and written English.
· Have sound interpersonal skills.
· Is organised and can breakdown bigger problems into smaller ones, can plan and estimate their own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work.
· Likes to share knowledge and mentor juniors.
Day to day responsibilities of the job profile: -
· Work as a part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work.
· Implement, improve, and maintain backend services.
· Build, improve and maintain responsive frontends/portals.
· Collaborate with system/feature stakeholders to discuss, collect, interpret, and analyse technical constraints and establish technical solutions.
· Develop online tools/features.
· Designing a modern highly responsive web-based user interface.
· Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
· Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
· Perform peer code reviews.
· Work with the Lead Programmer on designing services/micro-frontends/solutions, planning, and reviews of team.
· Writing unit tests, load tests synthetic checks
· Analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend and refactor it.
· Collaborate with QA/QC team to ensure quality of testcases and testing process.
· Perform load testing and write unit test wherever needed.
Ubisoft employees achieve higher level of software quality and job satisfaction by: -
· Designing and implementing innovative and practical solutions.
· Writing optimized and maintainable code supported by inline and confluence documentation.
· Participating in the definition of coding standards & methods used on the team, and ensure coding standards are followed.
· Optimizing software components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
· Writing clear and well-structured code using the appropriate data algorithms while bearing in mind performance, maintenance, and architectural requirements.
· Being agile and participating in improvement of processes that leads to better quality of work as well as work life balance.
· [Advantage] Proficiency in, or experience of C++ coding
· [Required] Proficiency in building REST services using C# and .Net Core web API
· [Required] Experience with one or more PostgreSQL/mongoDB
· [Required] Experience of developing highly available and scalable backend services;
· [Required] Experience of hosting services in cloud AWS/Azure/GCP;
· [Required] Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
· [Required] Prior experience with React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
· [Required] Familiarity with more current specifications of ECMAScript
· [Required] Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
· [Preferred] Experience working on an online game.
· [Preferred] Good understanding of Linux
· [Preferred] Experience of working with Docker/Kubernetes;
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent experience;
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.