Full Stack Software Engineer
About this Role
Fandom is growing! Our Full Stack Software Engineer opportunity is based in the UK and reports to our Head of Engineering. Fanatical is one of the leading global official retailers of PC games, software, eBooks, and other digital content, providing millions of gamers with digitally downloadable products from the best studios and publishers in the industry. Fanatical is part of the Fandom family. This position can be remote or hybrid in the UK.
As a software engineer, your day will be exciting and diverse. Your day will vary such as coding, connecting external data sources with our internal stores for seamless data ingestion. Level up your skills as you create high-throughput pipelines for personalised user experiences. Sharing knowledge is important, so contribute through docs, pull requests, and fun training sessions. Keep an eye on our epic production systems, fine-tuning and monitoring them at scale.
- Lead development of sub-components
- Contribute to tactical planning for the team
- Enrich Fanatical's structured data with internal and external sources
- Manage entire lifecycle of development, testing, and maintenance
- Share knowledge through documentation and pull request comments
- Learn new technologies, patterns, and processes
- Ensure deliverables while collaborating with a globally distributed team to solve technical issues
- Experience in object-oriented system design and implementation
- NoSQL database design with MongoDB and Redis experience
- Understanding of RESTful APIs
- Experience delivering high-quality software
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
Bonus if you have..
- SQL, Python, Vue or Angular
- Have an active interest in the gaming industry
Benefits & Perks
- Laptop and all the gear you need for work
- 25 days of holiday
- Free access to many popular online courses and books sponsored by our company
- Company stock options Company swag packages
- Pick and mix sweets
- Free parking on site
- Private Medical & Dental & Optical Health Insurance Pension and death in Service Insurance
- Flexible work (Hybrid working pattern)
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by our company
- Open, and fan-focused, international work environment
Fandom is the world's largest fan platform where fans immerse themselves in imagined worlds across entertainment and gaming. Reaching more than 350 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms. Fandom's Gaming division manages the online video game retailer Fanatical. Fandom Productions, the content arm of Fandom, enhances the fan experience through curated editorial coverage and branded content from trusted and established publishing brands Gamespot, TV Guide and Metacritic, along with its Emmy-nominated Honest Trailers and the weekly video news program The Loop. For more information follow @getfandom or visit: www.fandom.com.
Fandom is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Fandom is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation. To review Fandom UKs privacy notice, click here.
Fandom is an equal opportunity employer. Fandom values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.