At Paradox, we are focused on bringing value to our community by creating groundbreaking features for players and game developers alike. If you are a skilled Fullstack Developer who would like to work at a successful games company, full of people passionate about technology and games, read on and learn how you can be part of our Central Tech & Services department.
Your adventure begins as part of our Mods team, which is in charge of developing our own mods platform and its related services. The platform, currently offering more than 35,000 mods - enables our modders to publish and manage mods, and our players to discover and enable mods for their Paradox games.
On the technical side, the mods platform consists of multiple Node.js services that are running inside a Kubernetes environment, and frontends built with React.
Over time, you will also familiarize yourself with our game studios as well as other parts of our ecosystem and be able to assist other teams in the department where needed.
Some of what you will be doing:
- Collaborate with the team in improving the overall experience of our mods platform for our players, modders and game teams
- General backend development in Node.js
- General frontend development with React
- Write and maintain unit and E2E tests related to the services
- Maintain the automated build and deployment pipeline
What we expect from you:
- Extensive experience with Node.js
- Professional experience working with React
- Professional experience working with relational databases
- General understanding of how backend APIs work (CRUD, REST, etc.).
- General understanding of best practices for caching and performance
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with database queries performance debugging and optimization.
- Experience running applications on a cloud service (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or the like)
- Experience working on and maintaining live products and services.
- Experience working with GameFace/Prysm or similar web-based embedded UI system
- Experience in working at a “as-a-service” or “as-a-platform” company
- Good understanding and practical experience of Agile methodologies
- Test-oriented mindset with unit and/or integration tests written using a standard library such as Mocha/Jest
- Interest in Paradox games, and especially mods - either as a player or a modder
We believe you are a service-minded, driven and curious individual, comfortable with solving problems and working autonomously within a group. Your role in the team is flexible and can include being the one who identifies viable solutions as well as implementing them, and also mentoring others. Your English communication skills are excellent, both verbal and oral.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Programming Manager
Location: This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.