Game Balancing Tester
Your life at Ubi:
As a member of Ubisoft’s Quality Control Department, you will be part of our awesome Balancing team, which is focused on delivering a clearer vision of the different aspects of the game, from an end-user’s perspective.
Here in Bucharest, we have a ton of experience when it comes to game testing, so you will be learning everything there is to know from the best. And this will happen while having fun.
If you’ve heard stories about the cool atmosphere at our studio, they are true.
What’s also cool is the fact that you will perform your job activities on the latest hardware and with powerful in-house software and more. Yes, you will get to try out new consoles before they reach the market and test amazing games way, way before anyone else sees them. And you’ll do this sitting in a comfy chair in front of a large desk on one of the amazing floors of Jiului 8.
The quality of life at work is very important to us and our new building reflects that.
Grow with us
What about the future?
Based on your talents you can evolve and lead teams of testers, become a test specialist in our QC Technical Standards Department (ex. Sony Compliance), get into software development as a product owner or automation analyst through our QC Tech Department or jump ship and join a production team as a dev tester, level designer or whatever you dream about in our Production families (Art, Design, Programming).
The best part is that we will offer support and help your plans become reality through various courses and programs meant to prepare you for your future role in Ubisoft.
How can you join us?
Submit your resume and our Talent Acquisition team will review all the applications. The most suitable candidates will be invited to our Studio to a discussion.
If everything goes well, the next step will be a practical assessment, where you will play several games of different genres.
Your mission will be:
- Find and report balancing issues and exploits which may either negatively impact the end-user’s gameplay experience or provide benefits which are not intended for the players.
- Come up with suggestions using a professional and correct manner, based on the experience of the game and the documentation – all while providing strong arguments that may improve the game quality, adapted to what features and mechanics the specific title offers, from a user perspective.
- Actively monitor the gaming community to extract and translate the needs of end users into actionable ideas.
- Deliver analytical feedback regarding different parts of the game, based on short or medium gameplay sessions.
- Report any bug which hinders the request’s completion, after ensuring that they are not already reported in the JIRA database.
- Be a bridge between Dev & community (forums, social media, tournaments etc.).
- Give your input before the actual game release.
The Professional Value you bring:
- Significant gaming experience in at least one well-known title.
- Have decent knowledge in multiple genres in the gaming industry.
- The ability to theory-craft to find perfect builds.
- Provide impactful suggestions meant to improve the user’s experience on the game.
Nice to have:
- Competitive background in the e-sports scene of any game is considered a plus.
- High results in past competitions or high rank in the ladder of a competitive game.
The Personal Value you bring:
- You have passion & creativity.
- You work well in a team environment.
- You can voice your concerns related to issues encountered, in a clear and concise manner.
What we offer benefits wise?
- Meal tickets with the value of 20 RON/day
- Studio offered free days, confirmed on an annual basis for different events
- World Class Bronze free subscription
- Access to private medical system and special subscription rates for family members
- On site medical support
- Life insurance
- Specific financial support for different events in your life
- Study leave
- Christmas/ Easter celebration with a special gift
- Partners’ discounts
- Video games and consoles to borrow
- Access to Ubisoft games via own Uplay account
- Annual development opportunities and access to multiple career paths and technical certifications
- Access to specialized training and books on various related skills
- Opportunities for international mobility and assignments
- Wellbeing program (including physical fitness, mental health, financial education and internal communities)
- A great working environment, with an impressive place to work in our offices in Jiului 8
- In-house free French classes
- Hybrid work (from home/ from office)
- Bookster (borrow books for free, delivered at home or in the office)
- Free fruits and coffee in the office
- On-site cafeteria with special discounts
- Ubisoft bikes, free rental
- Parking spaces for cars, bikes, motorbikes
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun, and join us!