Game Creation Operations Engineer
Electronic Arts IT group keeps our employees and business operations connected globally. As a digital entertainment company, EA's enterprise technology needs are diverse and span across game development, workforce collaboration, marketing, publishing, player experience, security, and corporate activities. We bring creative technology services to each one of these areas, keeping everyone creative, collaborative and productive. Our team ensures better play across all of EA and we need your help to do that.
The Game Creation Operations Engineer applies their systems engineer skills in our Source Control Management environment (Perforce Helix Core) to troubleshoot, implement technical fixes and workarounds, keep operating systems and application software up-to-date, and work with data that helps maintain the capacity and performance of the environment. You will also be the first escalation point for all incidents occurring within the environment.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Game Creation Operations.
Why work on the Perforce Product team?
We help build and run our SCM product in a large, globally distributed environment and we are surrounded by EAIT people who are passionate about Perforce. We work directly with game development teams to improve their workflows and resolve their problems.
We believe in being the catalysts for operational and engineering improvement in a product area that is rapidly changing within Electronic Arts. We are all product owners, and we believe in running high-quality operational environments that focus on continuous improvement and the desire to automate manual processes whenever possible.
Who is the Game Creation Operations Engineer?
- You are the first technical interaction point with game teams encountering problems while working with our Source Control Management environment
- You resolve operational support requests to agreed quality metrics
- You identify repetitive operational tasks for process improvement and automation
- You manage service-affecting events (communications, incidents, RCA, and corrective actions)
- You understand system design and implement systems and services that are secure, scalable, reliable, and performant
- You are comfortable working in rapid-change environments
- You are customer and product obsessed
- You work within an established Perforce global product team with varied and sometimes overlapping responsibilities
- Site Reliability Engineer experience
- System admin experience in Source Control Management e.g. Perforce Helix Core, git, CVS
- 3+ years of experience with Source Control Management design, deployment and operational support
- 3+ years experience with Linux system administration
- 2+ years experience of:
- systems automation using BASH, Python, Ruby
- configuration management systems, such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- network fundamentals (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, routing, switching, and HTTP)
- Monitor frameworks (such as CloudWatch, Datadog, Grafana, Elastic, or similar)
- cloud computing concepts, design considerations, and infrastructure/software deployments
- 3+ years in a 24x7 production environment
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content, and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people who combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.