Game Designer - Ridgeline Games Studio
Ridgeline Games is focused on building rich narrative campaigns with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience. As we assemble our diverse team, all who have a voice in making great games together, we're looking for a healthy mixture of tempered veterans and young passionate individuals eager to make a difference.
Do you dream of creating an amazing player experience through a set of carefully crafted levels that keeps the player wanting more after every level?
If so, we want you to join us and be a crucial part of creating the next great Battlefield experience. We also want you to help us build a world class team of level designers eager to take part in this once in a lifetime opportunity.
- Develop high-level concepts for levels, locations and objectives
- Bring levels through every phase of development from concept to polish
- Communicate your own designs and ideas to the rest of the team
- Gather, compile and use feedback and telemetry to hone the player experience in your levels
- Collaborate with all disciplines on the game team to ensure that levels maintain a high quality
- Champion established game rules and ideas within your work, ensuring it makes for the best possible gameplay experience
- Support your teammates through knowledge-sharing and documentation
- Participate constructively and respectfully in the critique of your work, and the work of others
- Look for opportunities to learn new skills to benefit your growth, your team, and the studio=
- At least one shipped game as a level designer
- 2+ years of experience in the design of levels within multiplayer or coop titles
- Level editor experience (for engines such as Frostbite, Source or Unreal)
- Strong documentation and visualization skills
- Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
- Enjoy creative problem-solving, and value respectful feedback processes
- Broad taste in games
Valuable Additional Skills
- FPS experience
- Technical background with experience in programming or visual scripting
- Experiences with software such as Maya, Sketchup or ZBrush
- Degree or experience
The following are required as part of the application process:
- Apply online with resume
- Provide web link on resume for online portfolio (required)
- As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a test
- This may be an Art, Audio, Design, or Writing test
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $90,550 - $137,700
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $86,150 - $137,700
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $86,150 - $137,700
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $86,150 - $126,700
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $86,150 - $126,700
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.