Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Note: We are hiring for Level 2 or Level 3 Game Designer
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Game Designer
- Job Summary: This role will create content and features, ensuring your work aligns with business and design goals with unwavering attention to theme, quality, and the needs of our players.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Contribute innovative and creative design ideas to TPCi’s TCG Products
- Be a game design champion constantly looking to evolve TPCi’s casual games and ways to optimize the customers’ experience
- Help create Pokémon TCG products
- Write product stories for Pokémon TCG products
- Develop and execute product plans for Pokémon TCG products
- Proof Pokémon TCG products
- Coordinate with and support other Game Design teams as necessary
- Work collaboratively with the other Game Design teams and Project Management team to facilitate a clear direction and to execute innovative TCG designs
- Ensure that the final product quality meets the high expectations of TPCi’s Casual Games brand.
- Utilize user feedback into clear actionable items to improve products and design processes.
What you’ll bring
- 3 to 5+ years of game design experience within casual play space.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proofing experience
- Strong knowledge of TPCi games and brand, specifically for TCGs.
- Interest in all things gaming from mobile to tabletop and wider industry trends with a specific passion for crafting amazing gaming experiences for TCGs!
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple assignments, balance priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to synthesize game-play data to improve the game as necessary
- Experience working on TCGs preferred
- Experience designing and developing on properties for children
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: Level 2: $70,000-$105,000. Level 3: $87,000-$133,000. These ranges are applicable for the labor market where the roles are intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.