Game Designer - Cat Daddy
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
Cat Daddy is seeking a Game Designer to join our team of artists, engineers, and product managers to collaborate on game feature designs and monetization strategies for free-to-play mobile games. The ideal candidate has shipped multiple F2P mobile games in a design role, from concept to live operations.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with development team leads to define the creative vision for the game and game features
- Design and develop gameplay systems that challenge and delight players, driving long-term retention and monetization
- Collaborate with the team through all phases of development, including working with production and product management to effectively scope, prioritize, and deliver at the highest quality levels
- Tune and balance gameplay and monetization systems based on qualitative/quantitative data analysis and play-testing
- Drive live operations, developing plans, and deploying live initiatives to deliver on targeted KPIs and improve on successes
What Will Make You A Great Fit
- 5+ years of game design experience, with a focus on free-to-play mobile games. Experience designing card-collecting, card-battling, and/or deck-building games is a plus!
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, and/or comparable, relevant work experience
- Expert-level understanding of the mobile game landscape from a game design perspective, including game economies, data analysis, and back-end environments
- World-class communication skills, with proven ability to produce effective design documentation
- A great teammate who can collaborate with engineers and artists on game development
- Experience with common software development tools – e.g. source control, bug databases, project management suites, etc.
- Fan of major league sports is a big plus!
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.