Ubisoft Milan is looking for a Game Designer to be involved in the production of prestigious AAA titles.
The Game Designer will be in charge of creating unique and unforgettable experiences, following the creative direction.
The Game Designer will help define and implement game systems within the scope of the project, making sure to capture the gameplay feel, while still being fun and accessible.
- pitch, design and prototype core game systems;
- responsible for implementing approved designs within the editor;
- create and maintain design documentation, including feature specification and implementation guidelines;
- contribute to the handling, gameplay, and mechanics setup;
- collaborate with the team to ensure the implementation of systems into actual gameplay maintaining the overall balance between multiple gameplay systems;
- prioritize and meet deadlines, document and communicate progress, participate in design meetings.
- implement, balance and bug fix gameplay features, overseeing them from concept to final implementation.
- previous experience as Game Designer in the videogame industry (at least 1 title shipped);
- must have passion, knowledge and a strong interest in a wide range of video games;
- demonstrated ability to effectively document original ideas and concepts;
- deep knowledge of rules and mechanics of gameplay;
- strong creative skills and ability to analyze with critical judgment gameplay systems;
- strong interpersonal skills - able to interact with team members of different disciplines;
- task driven, good time management and problem-solving skills, as well as strong analysis and communication;
- proficient in English, both spoken and written;
- working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
As a bonus:
- Experience as Level Designer;
- familiarity with scrum and Rational Game Design methodology;
- technical background in programming or scripting;
- experience with 3D softwares and level building tools;
- knowledge of UX Design.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We value and celebrate the diversity of cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce. We strongly encourage people of different backgrounds, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities and other legally protected individuals to apply.
In order to consider your application, please send us your resume.
The position is based in Milan (Italy).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.