Game Designer I
Location - EA Hyderabad
We're EA—the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creativity, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
Why EA ?
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognisable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper and online games destination Pogo.com.Our vision is to be EA Mobile's centre of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market.
- Collaborate cross teams to create engaging game content that aligns with the product goals
- Build concise game design documentation for game content and features..
- Assess and apply qualitative and quantitative feedback to improve game design and balance.
- Design and guide the implementation of game features and systems with an eye for engagement, retention, monetisation, and most importantly, what players want.
- Coordinate with artists, engineers, and other team members to ensure the smooth integration of design elements into the game engine
- Attend regular team meetings and contribute to the creative direction of the game.
- You will work in a Co-Dev environment, reporting to the project stakeholders and the design lead
What we're looking for:
- At least 2+ years of game design experience in a Casual mobile gaming company
- A specific strength in one of these areas: level design, feature design, events design, or quest design
- Strong knowledge of game design principles, including mechanics, storytelling, and level design.
- Experience writing clear and concise specs, user flows, and feature documentation
- Passion for gaming and a deep understanding of what makes games fun and engaging
- Experience building in-game content designed to appeal to specific audiences
- Understanding of basic economy balance and tuning