Game Economy Designer
You have a passion for paving the road for crypto-based gaming economies and have experience with the traditional F2P economies. You will use economics, behavioral psychology, and business intelligence methodologies to design an healthy play-to-earn game economy. The Economic Designer will be responsible to design and managing all systems that will encourage the player to invest in a game to enhance his experience.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Design, prototype, balance, and champion the economic systems to increase our main game KPIs – Retention, Engagement, Monetization, Virality, on game & platform level.
- Recommend rewards and monetization game features to create an economic system to fulfill player needs.
- Contribute to game features/systems design that compels and re-engage players.
- Collaborate with game designers on new game features to maximize short and long-term player engagement, and provide for monetization opportunities.
- Manage the economy and pricing of virtual goods; balance free content vs. paid currency in the game economy.
- Balance player experience and progression, both in skills, in-game progression, and content release pacing.
- Request detailed data analysis from the games we operate to validate design choices & drive the development of the upcoming feature/balancing.
- Produce reports highlighting through data the problematics of the games & recommend next steps/adjustments/new features to further improve KPIs.
- Keep up to date with market trends and do proactive analysis of economy tuning in relevant competitive products.
- Ability to model and simulate planned changes, overall sinks, and sources while anticipating downstream effects with post-launch analysis to ensure expected outcomes are reached.
- An avid gamer with a strong understanding of mobile games (online, multiplayer, social, F2P), while a solid knowledge about the endless possibilities of blockchain and NFT
- Extremely robust logical and analytical thinking with the ability to abstract and decompose complex systems and identify key relationships and levers that influence the outputs
- Detail-oriented and capable of providing specific solutions at each step of the process
- Advanced understanding of Excel, Tableau
- Design by data approach
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Da Nang - where bright ideas are given a chance to shine
Ubisoft Da Nang is an ambitious studio full of international talents. We are committed to creating worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise and fun.
Since 2020, we are bringing the best creative and engineering talents from Vietnam, Southeast Asia, and the world together to bring Ubisoft worlds to new audiences.
At Ubisoft Da Nang, you will grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. You will be able to work on challenging and interesting projects, that will be displayed at the international level.
Joining our studio is taking the opportunity to grow within the Ubisoft family, to work on our most famous brands either by developing instant party games powered by H5 technology, by creating games on Unity, or working on web3 projects.
We aim to empower and connect our talents within a dynamic and creative workplace that was awarded best office design in Vietnam by VMark 2021. Joining Ubisoft Da Nang will give you access to so much! From the beach to the mountains, clean air, no traffic, and proximity to every big city in Southeast Asia, as well as be part of one of the tech hubs in South East Asia.
So, if you share our vision and want to be part of our team, contact us. Join us and create the unknown!
Why it's great to work at Ubisoft Da Nang:
- An international, professional, collaborative, modern and creative environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Performance rewards
- Creative & endless fun projects
- Unlimited access to Ubisoft games on Uplay
- Flexible working time
- Premium healthcare insurance
- UBIVERSARY for your working milestones
- Team building, Lunar New year Celebration, Projects celebration
- Beers and treats every Friday (yay!)
- Staff clubs
- Premium gym club access
- Free in-house entertainment facilities (ping pong, PS5, Nitendo Switch, Steam Deck…), coffee, tea and snack (cookies, candies…)