Game Economy Designer
As a Game Economy Designer at Ubi MTL, you strategically structure the economic systems and supporting features of an online game, plus provide data-backed recommendations on design, balance, and pricing.
You create and operate an open economy informed by facts. As a solution-oriented designer, you respond to opinions, analytics, and test results with suggestions for improvement. By leveraging real player data and gathering feedback, you make informed choices to deliver an engaging overall live-game experience not only now, but well into the future.
What you’ll do
- Design flexible economy systems and features (progression & reward structures, currencies, sinks & sources etc.) aligned with the creative, game, and monetization directions.
- Work closely with the monetization team to come up with pricing strategies for items, events, and services.
- Create game economy simulations and evaluate their performance & their impact on player experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate your designs.
- Balance and adapt your work based on technical and production constraints, play test results, and comments from cross-functional teams.
- Write and maintain design documentation that will serve as a reference to guide interdependent teams.
- Provide your input on in-game content and pricing + come up with suggestions to refine designs.
- Develop a plan for collecting and evaluating player feedback, post-launch.
- Assess the impacts of adding, removing, or updating content on player engagement.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Game Design, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in design, economics, or related experience (live/online game development a huge plus)
- In-depth knowledge of Excel + basic familiarity with game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal) *
- An innovative, creative, and collaborative spirit
- Critical thinking, curiosity, attention to detail, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Ability to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- An understanding of player motivation & a passion video games
*Knowledge of data visualization software (e.g. Tableau) and scripting languages an asset
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Please feel free to send us a portfolio of your previous work (attach files or send us a link to your personal website).
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.