The Game Tester will work closely with all departments to ensure they meet their goals, and ensure that the QA team is kept updated on developments.
Testing both the game and supporting tools, the game tester should have a good understanding of the bug life cycle and has keen eye for detail to identify issues, conduct thorough investigation and clearly report them via verbal and written bug reports.
- Write clear reports on findings and communicate status to the wider team
- Perform daily smoke tests to ensure stability of the build
- Verify fixes made and cooperate in production of build/ release notes
- Work closely with assigned game and tools teams to identify areas to test and construct clear and relevant test cases
- Support the development team in deeper investigation of issues reported and of potential fixes
- Follow priorities given by QA Lead to ensure current team wide goals are met
- Communicate feature development to the wider QA team and provide documentation where necessary
- Create & update documentation on processes, best practices, and tools
- Contribute ideas and/or create opportunities to help the team improve the quality of processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in testing mobile games and/or software testing
- Experience working alongside development teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to communicate well in small group discussion and presentations
- Understanding of PC hardware and networking concepts
- Passionate gamer with experience in console and PC titles
- Experience in programming, console testing, online and multiplayer games including beta phases is a plus!
Ubisoft Philippines is a certified Great Place to Work ™ – our people always come first. We enable our teams to succeed in the world stage, where we are proud to take part in the most ambitious projects in gaming.
As our teammate, you will receive the best training, including overseas trips, mentorships, and access to online courses and resources covered by us. The workplace will be your playground, where you can fuel your creativity with free fresh fruits and snacks in the pantry, freshly brewed coffee, soft-served ice cream, and popcorn!
Work-life balance is important to us, which is why you’ll have a flexible work arrangement during the pandemic, on top of free physical & mental health benefits and more.
Come as you are. We value diversity and representation. We empower you to launch your own initiatives with our Diversity & Inclusion council composed entirely of volunteer employees.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.