As a gameplay animator, you are responsible for creating high-quality animations for a game in a style that allows players to fully immerse themselves in a perfectly coherent and compelling world.
Whether you are animating a hero or a monster, a crowd or an object, you always think about the intention of the movement and the behavior of the subject. You are concerned with defining how each piece fits into the overall game. When you look at the final product and see that the months of work on mechanics and decision making are blended into a work of art that brings a beautiful new world to life.
Teamwork is essential to get to this point. As an animator, you see in every movement of a person a hidden story. You collaborate with artists, designers, programmers, chefs and other animators, all of whom have opinions, ideas and constraints, but all of whom share the common goal of portraying an authentic world that stands out with a unique flavor.
What you will do
- Learn and apply the project's style and quality objectives;
- Participate in the evolution and implementation of the style and animations in all facets of the game;
- Work within a group of animators to cultivate the style, but also vary groups to serve and enhance the game experience;
- Work in some capacity on the implementation of animation in the game.
Then, depending on the stage of production
- Animation prototyping, animation blocking, key framing, mocap editing;
- Test your animations in their game context and iterate them;
- Solve problems with your animations and their implementation;
- Evolve your animations to their maximum potential.
What you bring to the team
- Experience in video game animation, or equivalent;
- Ability to communicate with all trades and to support and pull your team up on the visuals;
- Experience with animation software such as Maya or Motion Builder;
- You like to push the envelope, but also understand the demands of cohesive teamwork.
What to send our way
- Your resume highlighting your education, experience, and skills;
- A portfolio/demo.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.