Gameplay Animator (Senior) - Rainbow Six Siege
As a 3D Animator at Ubisoft Saguenay, you will be responsible to create fluid and harmonious animation for games that allow players to fully immerse themselves in a perfectly coherent and convincing world.
Rainbow Six Siege is a constantly evolving game as a service, a competitive, esports-oriented 5v5 PVP shooter. Over the last 6 years, we have continuously added new content while simultaneously enhancing our technical and data foundations.
Whether you are animating a hero, a crowd, or an object, you need to think about the intent of the movement and the subject's behavior. You are concerned about defining how a tiny piece fits in the whole game. Your efforts take on their full meaning when you take a step back, look at the final product and see months of work on mechanics and decision-making merge into a work of art that brings to life a beautiful new world.
You understand that teamwork is essential to get to this point. As an individual, you see in every movement a hidden story; you tend to deconstruct and rebuild the world around you. As a teammate, you are pride of your attention to detail, your organizational and communication skills, as well as your ability to adapt to change. You collaborate with artists, designers, programmers, leads and other animators, with different opinions, ideas, and constraints, but who all share the common goal of representing an authentic universe that stands out from a unique flavor.
What you'll do
- To synchronise the engine and the build to ensure that you work with the last code and latest animations
- To check in with the team lead and the team
- According to the stage production:
- To do prototyping, key framing or animations blocking; to work on animation from zero or from mo-cap
- To test your animations many times et to validate your conceptions
- To resolve animation problems
- To refine your animations
- To maintain and to increase your knowledge in your domain by reading the latest documentations.
What you bring to the team
- ACS in 3D animation for video games or equivalent
- 7 years or more of experience in video game animation, or equivalent
- Communication skills with every profession and to support and to increase your team skills in visuals
- Experience with animation software like Motion Builder, 3ds Max or Maya;
- You like to go further but you understand the requirements of cohesive teamwork
Ubisoft Saguenay is a multidisciplinary team building video games since 2018. We’re looking for passionate creators who want to design outstanding games and deliver memorable experiences to our players.
When you join Ubisoft Saguenay, you play a key role in creating world-class video games.
At the studio, you’ll discover an innovative, dynamic and creative world: a unique environment that offers constant career advancement, a welcoming learning environment and competitive compensation packages.
You’ll work on prestigious titles in partnership with our Canadian Ubisoft studios.
Create the unknown. Join the adventure!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.