Gameplay Animator [Star Wars Outlaws]
We’re looking for a Gameplay Animator to join our skilled Animation team, working on one of the most loved IPs out there. In this role, you'll craft stunning gameplay animation and systems. You'll collaborate closely with Technical Artists, Technical Animators, Designers, and Programmers.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you'll do:
- Working in our game engine to develop and support Gameplay Animation Systems
- Working with both key-frame and motion capture animation to bring our characters to life
- Collaborating with Tech Art, Tech Animation, Design, and Code to build compelling gameplay animation systems
- Continue to innovate and advance the animation boundaries
- Work alongside your Lead, Design, Code, and peers to effectively solve complex problems, with the goal of delivering content on time
- When needed, opportunities to work with and direct Motion Capture shoots
What you'll bring
You are enthusiastic about games, animation, and creating the best gameplay experience through your craft. You are autonomous and take responsibility and ownership by driving your tasks from idea to implementation. You are comfortable collaborating and communicating in a cross-functional team, by being an efficient communicator. You are resilient and can work in an iterative development process where you quickly need to adapt to changes. You’re also open to feedback and enjoy a creative and innovative environment.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience in Animation, focused on gameplay animation systems, in the video game industry
- Relevant and updated demo reel
- Experienced in working with state machines and blend trees; Unity, Unreal Engine, or equivalent
- Experience with both key-frame and motion capture animation
- Experience with facial animation
- Knowledge of the wider game development process
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and Star Wars Outlaws. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.