Who We Are
We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
We are growing our new studio in Valencia - come and join us!
What You Will Do
- Partner with Designers to ensure that they achieve responsive, immersive gameplay that feels rewarding to our players
- Collaborate with other animators to elevate our quality, share knowledge and inspire creativity
- Facilitate and maintain communication across all stakeholder disciplines (production, design, art, audio, VFX) throughout the development of your areas of responsibility
- Work together with Artists and Riggers to establish both core and secondary functionality of our characters
- Contribute to efficient pipelines and procedures across the animation team
- Be proactive in assessing and evolving the gameplay experience
You’re passionate about redefining the boundaries of both the craft and technical aspects of animation. You possess a high level of knowledge in the principles of animation and skill in implementing them. You’re excited to work as part of a close-knit team and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback that elevates the project and encourages all towards excellence. You value independence and self-motivation; we desire to build a team of animators that always feel empowered to remove obstacles and overcome challenges to deliver the best work possible.
- Knowledge of game engines such as Unreal and Unity and creating systemic animations
- Nimble and able to prioritize and problem-solve quickly
- Strong collaboration skills within and across disciplines
- Able to respond effectively to creative redirection
- Scripting experience super helpful!
- An animation reel that demonstrates high quality hand-key and mocap examples
- Expertise in gameplay animation using a 3d package - Maya preferred
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community:
31st Union prides itself on the diversity of its team members, partners, and communities. For this reason, we remain committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment and hiring through compensation, benefits, discipline and termination. This means that employment at 31st Union depends on your substantive ability, objective qualifications and work ethic – not on your age, race (including traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), height, weight, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), alienage or citizenship status, transgender, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition, AIDS/HIV, denial of family and medical care leave, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy status, childbirth, breastfeeding (or related medical conditions), marital status or registered domestic partner status, political activity or affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, arrest record, or taking or requesting statutorily protected leaves, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are also committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need to request reasonable accommodation.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from \"potential candidates\", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.