EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC and mobile.
Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
If you love football, or you're passionate about your craft, this is a role of a lifetime.
We are looking for an experienced Producer to join our FIFA Gameplay team. The FIFA Gameplay Producer’s mission, is to help create the most engaging and fun in-game experience for our players. You will have a mix of football knowledge and the FIFA Gameplay mechanics like passing, shooting, etc.
Understanding of the game and drive/passion to improve it are important qualities. You will combine video games, football, high-level direction, prioritization and strategic decision-making for the Gameplay team.
- Work with Lead Producers and Creative Designers to create a Gameplay vision and high-level feature set.
- Manage Gameplay mechanics from concept to live, accountable for meeting milestone commitments and quality targets
- Understand the balance and flow of the game to suggest tuning changes.
- Use your FIFA experience to prioritize features, fixes and player feedback.
- Promote and pitch Gameplay ideas to the Executive team and create excitement and enthusiasm.
- Provide leadership, and inspiration for the team through personal example, and enthusiasm.
- Work closely with Software Engineers, Animators and Development directors to implement Gameplay features.
- Understand new trends driving player expectations and behaviors.
- Be the voice of the players, by understanding their feedback and communicating it with the different internal teams.
- Partner with central service teams including Publishing, Marketing, and Consumer Insights.
- Guide peers and junior design staff, help them resolve complex problems and grow their skills.
- Represent game in communications. This includes delivering presentations and taking responsibility for internal reviews with company leadership, partner companies, and handling external interviews with the media.
Who You Are:
- An experienced producer with 6+ years of experience in a game production, design or tech role.
- 3+ years of experience leading game teams and defining game design and narrative direction.
- A passionate gamer who plays regularly. Being a Football and FIFA fan is a huge asset.
- Analytically-minded, getting the data you need to support your ideas and guide your decisions.
- A great communicator, both directly with the team building features and content, but also upward to leadership about status, risks, and challenges.
- Technical abilities such as basic programming/scripting are a welcome asset.
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of game design. Additional areas of expertise in tech, art, and business are nice-to-have.
- Will promote the vision for the game and its features. Experience with public speaking, a plus.
What's In It For You:
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know more about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav