Your life at Ubi
As Gameplay Programmer at Ubisoft Bucharest, you will develop the features, mechanics, and building blocks that create the game experience. For that, you will work closely with the other job families to define the design of various features and handle their implementation, ensuring believability, good game feel, and player comfort.
You will deal with code in various fields of game programming, using the low-level frameworks of the UI, audio, FX, engine, network subsystems to build your complete gameplay feature.
Your main mission:
- Works directly with game designers, prototypes, and researchers to make sure that various features are completely and realistically designed;
- Is in charge of assessing the technical feasibility of new features and the impact they bring on other modules and systems;
- Implements features focusing on the quality of interaction between the player and the game;
- Interacts with the multiple job families responsible to create assets for the game (game design, level design, art, FX, sound);
- Touches multiple programming fields – UI, audio, AI, engine - to obtain fully implemented features.
The professional value you bring:
- Advanced knowledge of C++;
- Ability to work with a large amount of code inside a large team;
- Good software architecture skills are highly appreciated;
- Good game design abilities are also useful for a gameplay programmer;
The personal value you bring:
- Knowledge of current games and the ability to reverse engineer features and mechanics;
- Understanding of other game development areas – UI, audio, animation etc.
- Good English communication skills.
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy\'s Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance, and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
The Production Team is very diverse in specialties, and this makes all the magic happen. Together, they create amazing worlds that take entertainment to the next level.