Here is an opportunity to join a stimulating, international, ambitious but friendly studio and work on our new, announced PVP Game! The Senior Gameplay Programmer autonomously develops gameplay-related features, assigned by the Lead Programmer, which facilitates the playability of the game (the link between the player's actions, character's behaviour, and the consequences on the evolution of the game) and complex gameplay mechanisms.
- Participate in the creation of mobile games with high re-playability
- Develop complex gameplay systems, such as player’s action, character’s behaviour, game elements and game progression.
- Create gameplay prototypes using various languages to show a proof of concept of gameplay features.
- Produce tools or debug features to help designers or programmers polish gameplay features.
- Work closely with game designers to clarify design requirements.
- When assigned a gameplay function, breaks down the function into tasks and creates a plan and schedule.
- Communicate the progress of your work to your peers and leads.
- You have at least 4 years of experience preferably in the video game industry in an AAA production.
- You have an excellent knowledge of the C# language.
- Strong organizational, analytical skills and ability to solve problems.
- A good level in English is required.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate risks while proposing solutions.
- Commitment to personal and peer development and sharing best practices.
- Passion for creating and playing games is an asset.
- Being familiar with specific game terminologies (AI, Main Character, HUD, Gameplay elements, NPC, Controllers, etc…) is an asset.
- Phone Interview with our Recruiter
- Interview with the Lead Programmer and a Senior Programmer
- Final interview with the Project Manager
According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.