We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate game developer to join our Total War DLC team as a Gameplay Programmer.
Based at our well-established studio in the heart of Sussex in the UK, you will be working as a key member of the code team on our successful line of Warhammer 3 DLC. In this role, you will be able to make a real impact on our game. You will bring your programming knowledge to help push the boundaries of the project, collaborating with the wider development team and striving to make our games better than ever before.
The main focus of the role would be to work on our unique campaign gameplay.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role can be offered as hybrid, in-studio or fully remote within country of employment. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will be working closely with your peers, using your coding skills and expertise to improve our existing gameplay and craft new and compelling features for future Warhammer 3 DLC.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Build and maintain well-engineered C++ code with high levels of stability and performance
- Solve challenging problems, from designing and building entirely new systems to refactoring features to be performant, maintainable and extendible
- Work together with the design team to help define the technical design of new game features
- Strive for technical excellence in our codebase
- Use your technical expertise to coach your teammates and uphold high standards across the team
- Contribute to the technical roadmap of our future titles.
- Strong C++ programming ability, with knowledge of the latest standards
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, and portable code
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a large codebase
- Self-motivated with a drive to improve yourself and others
- A desire to collaborate closely with other disciplines to streamline our development processes and eliminate bottlenecks
- Passion and interest in games and game development.
- Experience of a complete game development lifecycle from pre-production, through to post-release support
- Experience of leading the technical direction of a commercial game project, contributing to the architectural design and planning of its features
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- An avid gamer, ideally strategy games.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.